Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sarfraz A Durrani has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sarfraz A Durrani has the following 7 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Sarfraz A Durrani has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
After dealing with afib for 4 years and agonizing about whether to have an ablation, Dr. Durrani put my concerns to rest and quietly but reassuringly gave me the confidence to proceed with the ablation. That was May of last year and I can say, he has given me back the quality of life I used to have before the afib beast paid me a visit. God bless him for his skill and demeanor. I only wish I had seen him sooner.
Today I went in to see Dr. Durrani so we could get me in the hospital for arterial ablation for A-fib. He came into the waiting room to collect me. We introduced ourselves to each other and proceeded to his office where he calmly explained all the pros and cons of the surgery everything he said jived with what my cardiologist told me he took his time, answered my questions showed me a diagram of what they planned to do. The office staff and nursing staff were totally professional, polite and efficient. Also conveniently located with ample parking. Overall experience four stars.
Dr. Durrani helped diagnose and treat my PSVT...something no other cardiologist had been able to do. He made me feel safe and at ease with the cardiac ablation and answered any question I had. I never felt rushed at any of my appointments and would highly recommend him to anyone trying to get a second opinion or a first time cardiologist visit.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Durrani is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Shri Maharaja Hari Singh Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMedstar Washington Hospital Center, 110 Irving St NW, Washington, DC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sarfraz A Durrani in this video.
Dr. Sarfraz A Durrani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.