Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sarika Sharma has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sarika Sharma has the following 15 expertise
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's Disease
- EOL Care
- Dementia Testing
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
Dr. Sarika Sharma has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Sharma is a wonderful doctor, she takes her time and listens to your concerns. However, the office is totally nonfunctional. When you call you are placed on hold for a very long time, if you ask a question the receptionist acts annoyed and rushes you off the phone. Sometimes the first impression of what kind of office and service you will received is based how your are treated when making the apt. Never the less Dr. Sharma is great and I would never think of going elsewhere.
Excellent doctor. accurate diagnosis, very good bedside manners, sympathetic attention. But the office is a mess. The most atrocious telephone service, all you get is an exasperating busy signal. On rare occasions when you get thru, you are immediately put on hold till you finally hang up in disgust.
the biggest issue is that the Dr follow up is really poor; and the billing department is not responsive. On billing dept: they say they will do one thing and they do not do it after chasing multiple times. And now, I am told the acct is on collections???!!! Extremely difficult to get on the phone and it takes for ever to get back response on the tests done - still have not recd test report or call on my scans
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
41 Years Experience
King George Medical College
Graduated in 1977
Hackensack University Medical Center
Dr. Sarika Sharma accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
Locations & DirectionsSarika Sharma Md, 211 Essex St Ste 301, Hackensack, NJ
Dr. Sarika Sharma is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hackensack, NJ.