Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Sarkis T Arevian has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Sarkis T Arevian has the following 12 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Arevian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Regional Medical Center
Dr. Sarkis T Arevian Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
More about Dr. Sarkis T Arevian
Sarkis Arevian, M.D. is Board Certified in Psychiatry and specializes in adult and older adult psychiatry and chemical dependency. Dr. Arevian treats patients with mood, anxiety, and panic disorders. He has been Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry at Memorial Hospital of Long Beach, Director of Psychiatric Education at Pacific Hospital of Long Beach, and Medical Director of Adult and Geriatric Psychiatry at Pacific Hospital of Long Beach. Dr. Arevian has been in private practice for over 25 years in the Long Beach area.
Locations & DirectionsMEMORIAL COUNSELING ASSOCIATES, 4525 E Atherton St, Long Beach, CA
Dr. Sarkis T Arevian is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Long Beach, CA.