Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sarkis S Derderian has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sarkis S Derderian has the following 7 expertise
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Showing 5 of 15
While I rated low on ease of getting an appointment, this was only because he is back-logged with other appointments which is a good indicator that he is doing something right. Wating and office staff rating was 3 of 4 because I do think there could be improvements but overall they are good. This Dr. took the time necessary and discovered an additional diagnosis that others had missed. Furthermore, he personally took the time to make sure I was informed of the condition, how it was treated, and asked the essential questions to make sure I was in good hands. Highly reccommend.
Dr. Derderian is awesome. He takes the time to listen to what you have to say. I know the wait time can be frustrating, but that is because he makes sure each patient understands and answers all questions. With that said it tends to back him up some. But keep in mind, when it is your turn he will take that same care with you. I have not had an attack in the 5 years since I have been seeing him. I would highly recommend him.
Immediately following my sleep study and my last two visits they have not been able to locate my download info that was faxed to them twice each time. Waste of my time. How do I know if current regime is working...or not?Staff is nice, but very unorganized!! I am hand delivering my download at my next appointment....if I don't change doctors before then.
The problem with the meeting was that his staff had not placed in my chart the results of my most recent study so I paid for a visit that merely lead to another visit. Then I will get a better visit I hope.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
42 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
Dr. Sarkis S Derderian accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCarolina Pulmonary And Critical Care, 146 N Hospital Dr Ste 400, West Columbia, SC
Dr. Sarkis S Derderian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Columbia, SC.