Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sarma V Katrapati has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sarma V Katrapati has the following 10 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Anxiety Disorders
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Impotence (Vasculogenic Impotence)
Dr. Sarma V Katrapati has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
He has very poor documentation. He would send me to a specialist and though I would send him the records myself, he would not seem to have a clue about my diagnoses. I have a very serious Genetic disorder which is rare but have lost 2 sibs to it. When I printed out article for him re. protocols for what tests should be run and what should be watched he handed them back to me saying " what's this from some self help group" Disorder is HHT look it up! The articles were composites from John's Hopkins and University of GA Medical school. I requested a Sleep study for Fatigue the results were reported as severe and needing attn ASAP (I have the report) I did not get a call back from office. my results so I had to call myself for them and was told he would need to see me the total time un-referred for treatment added 3 weeks after test was done! I still have not gotten final test to select CPAP so the total time is now 3 months. I am anemic (though he did not tell me that I got my own test results) I saw a Hemo doc and have to start IV iron probably every 4 months now. I asked for a FMLA for the next 3 weeks until all gets stable and he said let the Hemo doc do it! Even though I said it is a combo of Apnea and blood count. Not the Hemo doc's area!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Katrapati is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Andhra Medical College
Graduated in 1977
Providence Hospital And Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMercy Family Practice Sunforest, 3949 Sunforest Ct Ste 202, Toledo, OH
Dr. Sarma V Katrapati is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Toledo, OH.