Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sarmistha Kumar
Dr. Sarmistha Kumar, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Vista, CA, with another office in Vista, CA. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Kumar is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Sarmistha Kumar has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Sarmistha Kumar has the following 9 expertise
- Surgery Recovery
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Sports Medicine
- Nerve Damage
- Chronic Pain
Dr. Sarmistha Kumar has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Sarmistha Kumar is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I have been seeing Dr Kumar for weakness in my arms. She performed a needle EMG. She did this test in a way that made me as comfortable as possible. She also thoroughly explained what could possibly causing the problem and how to move forward to find a solution. Dr. Kumar is one of the best doctors I have been to in 73 years. She called me immediately with lab results and regasrding other issues. I highly recommend her to anyone with health issues in her area of expertise.
I'm surprised to see the negative reviews. My experience was that she was very helpful and answered all my questions. Did not feel hurried or rushed. Seems like a sweet person, not an abrasive personality at all. The nature of her work creates some pain unfortunately, so I can see that could cause people distress. But she was quick about it and the effects wear off immediately. Getting a root canal at the dentist is far worse!!
Dr. Kumar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1998
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Sarmistha Kumar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sarmistha Kumar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Vista, CA.