Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sarwan S Kahlam
Dr. Sarwan S Kahlam, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newton, NJ, with another office in Hackettstown, NJ. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kahlam is affiliated with Hackettstown Regional Medical Center and Newton Medical Center. Dr. Kahlam has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Sarwan S Kahlam has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sarwan S Kahlam has the following 14 expertise
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis B
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Dr. Sarwan S Kahlam has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 36
I will not allow my Mother to see this man again! He changed her feeding tube without any anesthesia at all! She was in so much pain! She says she wants to die if she ever has to go through that pain again. He says he did it because she's 85 years old. Seriously?! I NEVER want you to see my Mother again! You sir are a monster!
Dr. Ka glam would not listen to my concerns. Every time I went, he would ask me the same questions over again like I've never been there. He diagnosed me with colitis and even after complaining of recurring symptoms, said it was likely it was going away. Then treated me for an infection that wasn't there. I went to another doctor who told me I was prescribed the wrong dosage by dr. Kahlam, and did further testing on me to confirm that I don't have colitis but crohns (something dr. Kahlam refused to test me for after I asked numerous times). I will never go back and will never refer anyone to his practice.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Kahlam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Long Island College Hospital
Dr. Sarwan S Kahlam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sarwan S Kahlam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newton, NJ.