Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sasa Zivkovic
Dr. Sasa Zivkovic, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pittsburgh, PA. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology. Dr. Zivkovic is affiliated with VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System University Drive Campus, UPMC East and Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC Health System. Dr. Zivkovic has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Sasa Zivkovic has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Sasa Zivkovic has the following 10 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
Dr. Sasa Zivkovic is Board Certified in 3 specialties
Showing 5 of 16
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Zivkovic is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System University Drive Campus
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC Health System
Magee Womens Hospital
UPMC South Side
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh
UPMC Passavant Cranberry
25 Years Experience
University Of Zagreb
Graduated in 1992
University Health Center Of Pittsburgh
Dr. Sasa Zivkovic accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 3471 5th Ave, Pittsburgh, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sasa Zivkovic in this video.
Dr. Sasa Zivkovic is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.