Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sathya Subbiah has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sathya Subbiah has the following 16 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Pregnancy Complications
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Cushing Disease
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
Dr. Sathya Subbiah is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Seriously, PLEASE AVOID AT ALL COSTS. I would not at all be surprised if Dr. Subbiah accidentally or negligently maimed or injured someone one day. Sadly, she is the only Tier 1 endocrinologist in the network within an hour drive one-way. I have always thought endocrinology is complex & difficult, but this doctor makes no sense whatsoever even by her own standards & definitions. She ignores valuable medical history & is wholly unable / maybe unwilling to construct a differential diagnosis. In addition, she does completely illogical things (not adhering to valuable medical standards & guidelines) that waste your & your insurance company's money -- for example, ordering a specific blood test to be drawn first thing in the morning that even the lab tech and general medical opinion agree should only be performed later in the day. Honestly, I have respect for anyone who can endure Med School, but this is clearly a sadly mistaken career path.
Dr. Sathya Subbiah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsChristie Management Co Inc dba / Christie Clinic, 1801 W Windsor Rd Ste A, Champaign, IL
Dr. Sathya Subbiah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Champaign, IL.