Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Satish R Kulkarni has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Satish R Kulkarni has the following 13 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Satish R Kulkarni has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. K is awesome! After seeing a couple of Psychiatrists and being over medicated, I was fortunate to find Dr. K! He's a straight shooter, no nonsense bull, let's you know the meds. are not a cure all and you have to retrain your brain by pushing through even when it's difficult! Dr. K is knowledgeable and caring. I wouldn't be where I am today without him!
Extremely difficult to get monthy prescriptions refilled. I was a patient for nearly 4 years, and every month was a struggle to get my refills for anxiety/depression/PTSD. Rude and presumptuous. Blamed and interrogated me when I would reschedule. I rescheduled 3 times in 4 years. Worst experience ever.
First psychiatrist I have seen. I have seen many LPC and MSW and psychologists.... but in just 2 visits, I learned more and he did more for my stabilization than years of therapy. I would highly recommend to anyone who suffering. Great conversationalist and a extremely caring person who holds no shame for mental disorder or disease. I would consider him an advocate.
Very caring, compassionate, and supportive and encouraging. Gives goodeye contact. Listens attentively and patiently for long lengths of time.Is easy to understand.Speaks clearlyand gives good feedback. Very knowledgable regaining meds and psychiatric illnesses. Very direct andforthcoming. Sophisticated, yet verydown-to-earth. I highly recommend thispysciatrist. Whomever chooses to go toDr.Kulkarni will be pleased. Best Wishesto him and his staff,etc. and to hispatients in their pursuit of obtainingstablization and wellness.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Washington University School Of Medicine
Dr. Satish R Kulkarni accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsPsych Care Consultants, 4905 Mexico Rd Ste 300, Saint Peters, MO
Dr. Satish R Kulkarni is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Peters, MO.