Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Satish S Modi
Dr. Satish S Modi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Poughkeepsie, NY. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Modi is affiliated with MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center. Dr. Modi has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Satish S Modi has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Eye Exam
- Macular Degeneration
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Eye Pain
- Vision Issues
- Lasik Surgery
- Diabetic Retinopathy
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Modi's lack of professionalism is reflected in his poor bedside manner. He acts as if his time is worth more than that of the patient. Furthermore, after receiving LASIK treatment two years ago from Dr. Modi, he failed to diagnose the post-surgery complications that resulted in blurry vision in one eye. Luckily, he referred me to a better opthalmologist who quickly identified that Dr. Modi made an error in the initial corneal flap treatment. Avoid Dr. Modi at all cost.
Dr. Modi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Satish S Modi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsAlterman Modi & Wolter Mds, 23 Davis Ave, Poughkeepsie, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Satish S Modi in this video.
Dr. Satish S Modi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Poughkeepsie, NY.