Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Satish Prabhu
Dr. Satish Prabhu, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Erin, TN, with other offices in Clarksville, TN and Clarksville, TN . He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Prabhu is affiliated with Gateway Medical Center and Trinity Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Satish Prabhu has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
When my husband and I first moved to TN, we were in process of getting work. Our job offers had fallen through and we had to apply for TNcare.We were approved for our daughter, but paperwork had not caught up to mail us temporary medical cards.My 9month old became sick with what the ER in Clarksville eventually diagnosed as Rosiola (sp??). The office staff upon hearing our daughter's symptoms, gave us an appointment right away with Dr. Prabhu...we drove our daughter who'd had 104 degree fever for 2days and had become listless and had never responded to the tylonol/motrin fever reducers..up to Rainbow clinic from Erin (45mins away). When we got there..Dr. Prabhu refused to see our daughter. In tears I begged him to just treat her, we'd pay cash for the office visit..she was just sooo sick and lifeless in my arms. Dr. Prabhu refused due to not wanting to take cash from a TNcare covered baby, but not having the paperwork to make sure he'd get paid by TNcare. He sent us to the ER across the street. The office staff was terribly upset with him and appologetic to us for all of our trouble and being upset, but they were bound by Dr. Prabhu's decision.I will never, never forgive that doctor for being more concerned with money than the life of a child who's parents were willing to pay cash on the spot.I have no idea how his diagnosis skills are...other than he failed to diagnos properly what was more important and in keeping with his hypocratic oath to do no harm...the life of the child was WAY more important that a stupid office visit fee!
Dr. Prabhu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Gateway Medical Center
30 Years Experience
Kasturba Medical College Mangalore
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Satish Prabhu accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Satish Prabhu is similar to the following 2 Doctors near Erin, TN.