Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Satish R Mehta
Dr. Satish R Mehta, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Eastpointe, MI, with other offices in Detroit, MI and Eastpointe, MI . His specialties include Pediatrics and Family Medicine. Dr. Mehta is affiliated with Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital, DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan and DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Satish R Mehta has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Satish R Mehta has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Satish R Mehta has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Satish R Mehta is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 19
never on time for appointments very understaffed wait times outrageously long have to call the office several times to make sure meds are called in after appointments.at time of appontments doctor not even in the office 80% of the time no regard for the patients time but yet has a sign posted to respect his time and show up for appointments or you will be charged maybe we should charge you DOCTOR...after 7 years of the headaches Im finding a new doctor the short drive no longer worth the headache
I think that Dr. Setish has potential to be a good doctor, but he is the slowest doctor ever! You sit in the lobby and wait, you come to the back and wait. I have even scheduled an appointment at 10 in the morning and he didn't even come in until 11:30. That's ridiculous and unprofessional!
Dr. Mehta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wayne State University
Dr. Satish R Mehta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Satish R Mehta, MD - Pediatrics in Eastpointe, MI, in this video.
Dr. Satish R Mehta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Eastpointe, MI.