Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Satnam S Atwal has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Satnam S Atwal has the following 13 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Satnam S Atwal is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
Overworked,but makes time and effort
Self-verified patient of Dr. Satnam S Atwal - Posted on April 1st, 2018
one word horrible
Self-verified patient of Dr. Satnam S Atwal - Posted on August 29th, 2016
Doctor and receptionist SUCK
Self-verified patient of Dr. Satnam S Atwal - Posted on June 16th, 2015
Dr. Atwal sucks and so does his receptionist. I wouldn't advise anyone to go to him. Rude people!! They don't care about you or the next individual and if you are in crisis you might as well take care of it yourself because he and his receptionist won't do anything to help you and they don't listen!! Bypass this stupid office and go to the next because there's no help there!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Satnam S Atwal - Posted on August 6th, 2014
Dr. Atwal is a decent doc although I do have a few concerns. The appt wait time is often long, but if I happen to be late I must pay a missed appt fee and reschedule my appt. It has been a journey to wellness, but in time I did and do feel better. He does rather rush his office visit, but if you stop and ask him questions, he will take the time with you to answer them. I came in with depression and left with being dx as depressed AND bipolar. He did say that I'm an emotional rollarcoaster at times which is true as I've been called over emotional because i wait to address a situation until the last straw. By that time I AM frustrated AND over emotional. I'm a more manageable case of bipolar I was told.. Overall he's a decent doctor. Just because he a doctor doesn't make him any less human. Give the doc some credit for sticking with you in an often long journey to wellness or use your option to go elsewhere. We always have alternate choices we can make. Dr. saw both my young daughter and myself throughout her long struggle with cancer. He was encouraging and empathic. In a risks, he always manage to squeeze us in, and made time for us.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Satnam S Atwal - Posted on July 16th, 2014
Dr Atwal is an insult to his profession and his colleges. He is rude, curt, and I believe that he treats women as a lesser species. He does not listen to his patients nor their advocates. But he sure was quick to remind us of the $15 co-pay after being an jerk for a 20 minute office visit. I will never return and I recommend to anyone that is referred to this quack to quickly ask for anyone else. ANYONE!!!
42 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Creighton University Medical Center
Dr. Satnam S Atwal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Locations & DirectionsHERNDON RECOVERY CENTER, 7055 N Chestnut Ave Ste 101, Fresno, CA
Dr. Satnam S Atwal is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fresno, CA.