The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Satoshi Tateshima
Dr. Satoshi Tateshima, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA, with other offices in Los Angeles, CA and Long Beach, CA . His specialties include Neurological Surgery and Diagnostic Radiology. Dr. Tateshima is affiliated with UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica. Dr. Tateshima has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Satoshi Tateshima has the following 2 specialties
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
Dr. Satoshi Tateshima has the following 14 expertise
- Therapeutic Embolization
- Brain Tumor
- Central Nervous System Vascular Anomalies (Brain Vascular Malformation)
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
- Spinal Stenosis
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations)
- Spinal Fractures
- Brain Surgery
- Intracranial Vasospasm
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Tateshina took time to explain to me why my anuerysm needs medical procedure as soon as possible. Inspite of his expertise, his humble demeanor is an expression of his genuine concern for his patients including me. I under went the procedure with complete peace of mind, Dr. Tateshima is a gift to the human race specially for us here in California. I will always be grateful.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Tateshima is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Satoshi Tateshima in this video.
Dr. Satoshi Tateshima is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.