Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Satyavathi Atluri has the following 1 specialty
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Chest Pain
Showing 5 of 31
Dr. Atluri saw both my husband and myself for our first visit in November. We were in the process of switching to new insurance in January, and our old insurance covered us for her also. So we thought we'd go see her, hoping for a good "fit". It was great. She cared, she took the time to answer our questions, asked us many questions about our previous provider and asked for our expectations. We felt comfortable with her (roughly our age) and the life experiences we'd all been through. My husband is diabetic, so has some special considerations, and I've had cancer so I don't want to go through that again either. She understood where we had been and where we want to be. It felt more like an ally in the fight rather than a general ordering us where to go.
I moved to Arizona about 3 years ago. I have several pre-existing conditions, so finding a competent physician was very very important. After doing research using the tools available from Blue Cross/Anthem and the Internet; I found the Glendale Internal Medicine Practice. I was assigned to Dr.Atluri and I couldn't be happier!!! She is very thorough and accurate with her diagnosis. She never makes you feel that she is hurried. She has personally called me at home with results and referrals. I would wholeheartedly recommend her without reservation!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
36 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Satyavathi Atluri accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGlendale Internal Medicine, 5145 W Thunderbird Rd, Glendale, AZ
Dr. Satyavathi Atluri is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, AZ.