Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Saurabh Gupta MD
Dr. Saurabh Gupta has 3 locations
16026 Doctors Blvd
Hammond, LA 70403
410 Foulk Rd Ste 106
Wilmington, DE 19803
Dr. Saurabh Gupta has the following 4 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Saurabh Gupta has the following 13 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Saurabh Gupta is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
limited wait time and very courteous
Self-verified patient of Dr. Saurabh Gupta - Posted on April 3rd, 2018
Extremely Rude and Uncaring
Self-verified patient of Dr. Saurabh Gupta - Posted on February 23rd, 2018
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
26 Years Experience
Medical College Of Pennsylvania
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Saurabh Gupta Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Saurabh Gupta's office for more information.
100 Rockford Dr Newark, DE : (302) 996-5480
16026 Doctors Blvd Hammond, LA : (985) 340-7868
410 Foulk Rd Ste 106 Wilmington, DE 19803
Locations & Directions
Dr. Saurabh Gupta is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Newark, DE.