Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Savita Srivastava has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Liver Cirrhosis (Biliary)
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Celiac Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
After being very dissatisfied with care at another local Richmond Gastroenterology group, I decided to give this practice a try. I was pleasantly surprised. I was scheduled as a NEW patient within 14 days. The staff was very competent, nurses were personable, and my experience with Dr. Srivastava was vastly superior in every way. She took the time to listen to all of my symptoms and concerns, and informed me of much I didn't know or understand about my condition. ... If you are trying to decide on a GI group to go to in Richmond - GO TO THIS ONE.
Savita really took the time to listen to my symptoms and speculations before diving into her diagnosis. She made sure I was comfortable and that I fully understood my situation and what the options were. Unlike previous visits to a stomach doctor, I left the appointment feeling confident in my current status and what the next steps would be to resolve the issues I had been facing. Overall, Savita made me feel like she was passionate about her work and that she really cared about resolving my issue in a manner that I also agreed with.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
17 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Savita Srivastava accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGastrointestinal Specialists Inc, 2369 Staples Mill Rd Ste 200, Richmond, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Savita Srivastava in this video.
Dr. Savita Srivastava is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.