Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Savitha Gowda
Dr. Savitha Gowda, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Norwood, MA. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Gowda is affiliated with Caritas Norwood Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham Campus, Inc.L CORP and Steward Norwood Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Savitha Gowda has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 42
I have known Dr. Gowda since 16 years as a patient. She is very meticulous, considerate and truly takes care of her patients. She takes time to understand my concerns, and provides insightful and personal advice. I can reach her anytime, especially in urgency, and her staff is fantastic about providing access, appointments, referrals, etc. Just a wonderful doctor and facility.
I just moved to this area and was looking for a primary care physician. A colleague of mine highly recommended to see Dr.Gowda. Although I was somewhat skeptical due to negative reviews online, I decided to give her a try. Boy, I am so happy about my decision because I found her to be a wonderful, extremely humble and a caring physician. She is very knowledgeable in the field of medicine and accurately diagnosed my acute, chronic lower back pain and nerve irritation symptoms due to shingles. I am feeling much better these days due to her diligent follow up of care. Thank you Dr.Gowda
Dr. Gowda is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Caritas Norwood Hospital
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham Campus, Inc.L CORP
Steward Norwood Hospital
Ellis Nursing Center
Harrington House Nursing & Rehab
Charwell Nursing Home - Norwood
Golden Living Nursing Home
Victoria Haven Nursing Facility
22 Years Experience
Bangalore Medical College
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Savitha Gowda accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions95 Chapel St, Norwood, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Savitha Gowda in this video.
Dr. Savitha Gowda is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norwood, MA.