Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sayed M Aamir has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I was able to get to see Dr Amir without having being diagnosed with a thyroid issue. That is why I gave a high rating for the ease of appointment. The front desk is not very accommodating and will close the window quickly if you do not jump in with any questions. You do wait a long time for the Dr, even after they take you to the back. As for Dr. Amir himself, he is rude, condescending and dismissive. After explaining all my symptoms he suggested for extreme fatigue I 'watch what you put in your mouth and go for a walk'. Although my bloodwork came back as normal blood sugars he placed me an a medicine for type 2 diabetes, stating it would help me with energy and lose weight. When I returned for the follow up giving the side effects of the medication (not being able to eat) but weighing more, he accused me of 'not watching what you put in your mouth'. I brought my husband to that visit and Dr Amir only listened when my husband contradicted him regarding my symptoms. BTW Dr Amir.. I DO have a thyroid issue with conversion. So quit blaming your patients for problems they cannot control.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sayed M Aamir accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sayed M Aamir is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Snellville, GA.