Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Schenley L Co has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Schenley L Co has the following 8 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. Schenley L Co has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 21
Warning! It is difficult to get an appointment with a good neurologist. I should have been skeptical when I got in with Dr Co within one week. I recently got a very scary diagnosis and went for a second opinion. This man has the bedside manner of a pit bull. Expressed zero empathy for a patient, speaks in a manner that makes it almost impossible to understand and seems to be uninterested in helping you understand diagnosis and treatment. He seemed put out by the 20 minutes he spent with me, and was not only completely uninformative but abrasive and an overall horrible Doctor.. Reccomend this man only to people you hate. I would have been better served giving that 35 dollars to a homeless person rather than to this creep.
The doctor was very brief, and I did not feel like he did a thorough job. He told me there were several medication options for my condition, and then prescribed me the same medication he had prescribed the previous patient. It turned out the medication he prescribed was not the one he described to me. In addition, it had side effects that were not acceptable to me when I researched it on my own. (makes birth control ineffective-as a 30 year old female on birth control, that should have been brought to my attention by the doctor before prescribing!) A few months later, my primary care provider referred me to a neurologist again to test carpal tunnel. She told me I could call myself and did not need a referral. I tried Dr. Co's office again, despite my reservations due to the convenience, and I was treated rudely by the staff. I politely told them that my doctor said I did not need a referral, and the staff very rudely told me I did. Because of the rude treatment by staff and the poor quality of service I received on my prior visit, I will make a longer trip to see another doctor.
Dr. Co was referred to give us a 2nd opinion after my mom suffered a stroke post-op at Torrance Memorial. It was pretty clear my mom was in poor shape (this was 1 day post surgery) with no responsiveness. Dr. Co was cold and took 0 effort to explain the diagnosis. Ultimately he coldly told us while we were standing at a nurses station "she's gone and you need to move forward with removing life support." That was my experience with Dr. Co. I can only feel sorry for his full time patients and their families.
45 Years Experience
University Of The Philippines
Graduated in 1973
University Of New Mexico Health Sciences
Dr. Schenley L Co accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSchenley Lim Co Md, 27520 Hawthorne Blvd Ste 135, Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Dr. Schenley L Co is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rolling Hills Estates, CA.