Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scot M Lewey has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Microscopic Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Underwent 2 colonoscopies in Dec. of 2015.He was very thorough ordered the 2nd proceeded after finding 9 polyps and not sure if anymore was there.Immediately after informed me of their removal and his prognosis.Only drawback was the medical practice wanted me to keep an appt. with a nurse to review outcome which I felt unnecessary so I cancelled it.It has bought me 3 more years and took colon cancer off the table for the time being.I would not want any other doctor.
The office called and asked if I could come in an hour early for the Upper GI as they were running ahead of schedule. I obliged and when I got there after leaving work an hour early I was asked to sit in that cute paper gown for an hour. Noone offered to get me a magazine etc. I had to overhear the staff laughing it up about their weekend Plans and that the doctor was tied up with the bookeeper. No one came in to check on me and I just got to stare at the wall for an hour. Nothing makes me madder than doctors who think their time is worth so much more than your time. I missed about $50.00 of work so maybe the doctor could refund part of my $250.00 that I had to pay. Terrible bedside manner!
34 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
United States Army Medical Center
Locations & DirectionsMemorial Hospital Central, 1400 E Boulder St, Colorado Springs, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scot M Lewey in this video.
Dr. Scot M Lewey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Colorado Springs, CO.