- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Scot M Lewey DO
Dr. Scot M Lewey, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Parker, CO, with other offices in Colorado Springs, CO and Colorado Springs, CO (and 1 other location). He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Scot M Lewey has 4 locations
9949 S Oswego St Ste 200
Parker, CO 80134
525 Bob Peters Grv Ste 202
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
1400 E Boulder St
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
Dr. Scot M Lewey has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Scot M Lewey has the following 14 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Microscopic Colitis
Dr. Scot M Lewey is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Self-verified patient of Dr. Scot M Lewey - Posted on March 31st, 2016
Underwent 2 colonoscopies in Dec. of 2015.He was very thorough ordered the 2nd proceeded after finding 9 polyps and not sure if anymore was there.Immediately after informed me of their removal and his prognosis.Only drawback was the medical practice wanted me to keep an appt. with a nurse to review outcome which I felt unnecessary so I cancelled it.It has bought me 3 more years and took colon cancer off the table for the time being.I would not want any other doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Scot M Lewey - Posted on January 5th, 2016
Army Wife & Vet
Self-verified patient of Dr. Scot M Lewey - Posted on August 31st, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Scot M Lewey - Posted on January 26th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Scot M Lewey - Posted on June 1st, 2013
The office called and asked if I could come in an hour early for the Upper GI as they were running ahead of schedule. I obliged and when I got there after leaving work an hour early I was asked to sit in that cute paper gown for an hour. Noone offered to get me a magazine etc. I had to overhear the staff laughing it up about their weekend Plans and that the doctor was tied up with the bookeeper. No one came in to check on me and I just got to stare at the wall for an hour. Nothing makes me madder than doctors who think their time is worth so much more than your time. I missed about $50.00 of work so maybe the doctor could refund part of my $250.00 that I had to pay. Terrible bedside manner!
35 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Scot M Lewey Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana Colorado HMOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scot M Lewey, DO - Gastroenterology in Parker, CO, in this video.
Dr. Scot M Lewey is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Parker, CO.