3.3

Have you seen Dr. Scot M Lewey?

Underwent 2 colonoscopies in Dec. of 2015.He was very thorough ordered the 2nd proceeded after finding 9 polyps and not sure if anymore was there.Immediately after informed me of their removal and his prognosis.Only drawback was the medical practice wanted me to keep an appt. with a nurse to review outcome which I felt unnecessary so I cancelled it.It has bought me 3 more years and took colon cancer off the table for the time being.I would not want any other doctor.

Excellent doctor

Army Wife & Vet

A pretty good reputation as a doc but word is out he was having sex with one of his nurses while her husband, a soldier, was overseas in combat last summer.

Professional.

Dr Lewey is awesome. He might not be the best at bedside manner, but if you're dying, you want a doctor who can make an accurate and quick diagnosis. He saved my life.

The office called and asked if I could come in an hour early for the Upper GI as they were running ahead of schedule. I obliged and when I got there after leaving work an hour early I was asked to sit in that cute paper gown for an hour. Noone offered to get me a magazine etc. I had to overhear the staff laughing it up about their weekend Plans and that the doctor was tied up with the bookeeper. No one came in to check on me and I just got to stare at the wall for an hour. Nothing makes me madder than doctors who think their time is worth so much more than your time. I missed about $50.00 of work so maybe the doctor could refund part of my $250.00 that I had to pay. Terrible bedside manner!

celiac patient relieved

mistrust

I did not want anesthesia for my colonoscopy and I got it. Nurses told me we will give you a conscious sedative, concious means I am awake? They meant the nurses will be awake. Nurses went to see anesthesiologist and othe nurses to discuss my eluctance to be concious. I said I wanted to see the procedure and may be a mild sedative to relax but be conscious at all time. They said we will start with one just for probe insertion and that's it.I woke up home feeling violated.

Cancels appointments

I have had 4 appointments, and all 4 had to be rescheduled. I make the appointments months in advance and always days before they get rescheduled for a month or two later. This includes my colonoscopy! When you can get in and actually see him, he can be good, but it isn't worth the headache of rescheduling appointments.

Too little time spent

I was very excited to see this Dr. when I could no longer see my the one I'd been to for years due to Tricare changes. My research led me to believe he was very knowledgable in his field and I like that he is a DO, perhaps believing in trying more natural methods rather than going first to drugs. However, I only got to see him about 3 min on initial visit, then he gave me over to has nurse or PA. She was curt to point of rude, didn't seem to care about a very long personal and family history. I didn't see Dr. Lewey the day of my colonoscopy, nor at the follow up appt - but again his nurse/PA. She questioned everything I told her, acted like my prior Drs, including the Mayo Clinic were idiots. She is very arrogant and rude in my opinion. I have requested a new referral for my next scope as Tricare and PCM recommend them annually with my personal and family history. Dr. Lewey's nurse/PA said they wouldn't do it that often. I'm thinking maybe they just don't like what Tricare pays them.

Excellent results!

Dr Lewey correctly diagnosed and treated a blocked bile duct that had caused me several very painful occurances of pancreatis. Dr Lewey figured out what other doctors missed!

Great doc

Dr. Lewey has diagnosed a very tough and rare condition in my case. He has been great at explaining my issues and finding management of the condition. He is not your typical white coat GI doc. He works from a more enlightened view of how the gut influences your overall health. Highly recommended!

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback. See my website www.thefooddoc.com for helpful information for patients and health care professionals.

Appointment cancelled twice

Never made it to see this doctor but patients need to know that our appointment was cancelled twice with little concern for all the arrangements we had to make. Then we were scheduled for 4pm which is way too late for a colonscopy due to the special prep reguired for this test. Very inconsiderate staff.

Doctor's Response

Our office makes every attempt to accommodate patients. This is a comment on the office scheduling not the physician.

Dr. Scot M Lewey is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Parker, CO.