Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Scott J Arbaugh
Dr. Scott J Arbaugh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Alton, IL, with other offices in O Fallon, MO and O Fallon, MO . He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Arbaugh is affiliated with St Joseph's Hospital-Breese. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Scott J Arbaugh has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Scott J Arbaugh has the following 11 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
Dr. Scott J Arbaugh is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 50
Self-verified patient of Dr. Scott J Arbaugh - Posted on December 19th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Scott J Arbaugh - Posted on October 31st, 2013
worst doctor ever!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Scott J Arbaugh - Posted on June 22nd, 2013
Dr. Scott Arbaugh is the WORST doctor ever. He only spends 5 minutes with me in the office and shooed me out the door. Recently I had a bi-polor episode and wound up in the hospital after taking some ambian and slit my wrists. Because of that he wants NOTHING to do with me. I mean really, isn't he supposed to help depressed ppl instead of dropping them? He never cared about me I think. Worst doctor ever. Now I have to find a new shrink. thanks jerk.
Excellent doctor and recommends therapy if you need it
Self-verified patient of Dr. Scott J Arbaugh - Posted on August 11th, 2012
His job is to figure if your medication is working for or against you. To assess if you sliding down that hill we all try to climb. He monitors my bloodwork and sees me as often as every 2 weeks to 6 months when I am doing well. You do have to speak up if you feel like he is prescribing more than you need but that has not been my case. He just told me to see a therapist to talk about some issuses. I always ask questions he answers. I am so glad I found him after the other doctor in alton I had before she was horrible in every aspect.
A patient for several years
Self-verified patient of Dr. Scott J Arbaugh - Posted on February 17th, 2011
Dr. Arbaugh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Washington University School Of Medicine
Dr. Scott J Arbaugh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott J Arbaugh, MD - Psychiatry in Alton, IL, in this video.
Dr. Scott J Arbaugh is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Alton, IL.