Dr. Scott Arbaugh Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Scott Arbaugh?

Posted on October 31st, 2013

The receptionist Zita is very rude to customers on the phone and the reason I would not recommend this location.

worst doctor ever!!!

Posted on June 22nd, 2013

Dr. Scott Arbaugh is the WORST doctor ever. He only spends 5 minutes with me in the office and shooed me out the door. Recently I had a bi-polor episode and wound up in the hospital after taking some ambian and slit my wrists. Because of that he wants NOTHING to do with me. I mean really, isn't he supposed to help depressed ppl instead of dropping them? He never cared about me I think. Worst doctor ever. Now I have to find a new shrink. thanks jerk.

Excellent doctor and recommends therapy if you need it

Posted on August 11th, 2012

His job is to figure if your medication is working for or against you. To assess if you sliding down that hill we all try to climb. He monitors my bloodwork and sees me as often as every 2 weeks to 6 months when I am doing well. You do have to speak up if you feel like he is prescribing more than you need but that has not been my case. He just told me to see a therapist to talk about some issuses. I always ask questions he answers. I am so glad I found him after the other doctor in alton I had before she was horrible in every aspect.

A patient for several years

Posted on February 17th, 2011

Dr Arbaugh is respected among his peers and is known to be very professional yet caring and thourough. I would recommend him to anyone except womeone expecting an overnight miracle. Stick with him and he will stick with you. My life is better for him.

Get a new doctor

Posted on December 2nd, 2010

Dr Arbaugh told me I needed to be on Cymbalta even though it was on the highest tier of my insurance plan and cost a lot more than other options. I did it. I didnt get much better and then I see the article in the Post Dispatch that he made over 100,000 dollars speaking for that company. I feel angry and violated- this is what is wrong with our drug industry. Anyone know a good doctor that doesnt profit so much from our expensive drugs?

Posted on July 14th, 2010

Dr Arbaugh saw my mother for depression. He doubled her medication. She got grossly confused and really sick. He has no compassion and didnt listen to me when I told him it was too much medication for her. We now see someone else and she is much better

I Beg To Differ

Posted on June 12th, 2009

Dr.Arbuahg rushes you in and out and moves onto the next patient. He told me I had severe treatment resistent depression and would never be much better. I was not suppose to ask questions...he knows it all. After a few years of this, I left . I have been with a new doctor now for about 2 years...I'm on less meds, I feel great....AND he takes the time at the end of each visit to talk to me...no,he's not my therapist...he's my doctor...but he takes the time!

Time is not the Point...

Posted on June 6th, 2009

These comments all say the same thing-not enough time with patient. If you don't know the difference between a psychiatrist & therapist, you might interpret brief visits the wrong way. A psychiatrists office visits are typically 10 minutes or less while a therapist does talk therapy up to an hour. A psychiatrist is a doctor of medicine. Psychiatrists graduate from medical school. They diagnose medical conditions & prescribe medication. Almost all of your major insurance companies only pay for this type of "medicine management." Trial & error is the only way for a doctor to assess a patients progress so don't try to tell them what to prescribe. I am not a doctor nor do I work for an insurance company. This is based upon experience gained after many years of being treated by different psychiatrists because of travel. Dont judge a psychiatrist by the time spent with you or the meds they prescribe. Mental illnessis not an exact science. If it were, none of us would have to go! :)

review

Posted on March 22nd, 2009

terrible office staff and spent no time with me whatsoever!

Posted on October 4th, 2008

Very rushed . I was in and out in 7 minutes and I had was left with the feeling that I was interrupting his day. Anyone out there know a good doctor I could see?

Posted on June 17th, 2008

Sorry, but I have to agree with the first few people. He rushes patients through the visit and does not like it at all if you question him. He actually said to me that he was the doctor and if I wanted to question him,I should find someone else. All I wanted to do was have some voice in my treatment!

One of the best I've seen

Posted on May 25th, 2008

I could not possibly disagree more with the comments on this website. I have known Dr. Arbaugh for almost 19 years. He has never been anything but kind, considerate, and very much interested in the well-being of his patients. His bedside manner should be emulated by physicians in every discipline. His staff is more than capable and aware of my individual needs in terms of scheduling, or just being a "shoulder to lean on" when needed. Dr. Arbaugh always returns my calls promptly. As long as you keep your scheduled appointments, it is not difficult to get in to see him. Perhaps these bad reviews are from people who are not interested in being an integral and active part of their own recovery - something the doctor, rightly, demands.