Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Scott B Berman
Dr. Scott B Berman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stony Brook, NY. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Berman is affiliated with Stonybrook University Hospital. Dr. Berman has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Scott B Berman has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Scott B Berman has the following 12 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
Showing 5 of 134
Doctor Berman Just delivered my second son for me. He is the most kind, smart, dedicated, compassionate and loving doctor I’ve ever had the pleasure of being treated by. He feels more like a family member than a provider. He always made me feel safe and that no question was stupid. He is the very best of the best and I️ highly recommend him!!!
I was referred to him by a friend who said he was good. I mentioned I needed a uterine sonogram based upon findings from IVF. He was dismissive when I brought up concerns. I let that go, assuming he was busy or having a bad day. Then he made a comment about the age difference between my husband and myself and that's fine, people make ignorant comments and we blow it off but when I was leaving he yells out into the waiting room, "Oh so that's the trophy husband!" This was a new one we hadn't heard, but the fact is everyone but him found that awkward and a little inappropriate, including the receptionist. In the car, we were like, what was that about? I called the office and nicely explained how we felt that was inappropriate, she agreed, and I said let's just move on and start with a clean slate so we can have a good relationship. He never called, emailed, texted or responded in any way to address this. A year later I'm pregnant and call for an appointment. They say, yes let's get you in right away but once I give her my name she tells me my account is frozen. I asked why and she wouldn't tell me. It wasn't about money so I asked if it was because of the incident and she hesitated then said she can't discuss patient files even though it's mine. Wow. I saw reviews on other sites that seem to indicate he's disappointed others in the last year so maybe there's something going on in his life. He might be good for some, but I found his lack of professionalism best left to the people who can appreciate that. I need someone who is compassionate and can communicate and we didn't find this with him.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Berman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Scott B Berman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
Locations & DirectionsScott Berman Md Pc, 2500 Nesconset Hwy Ste 45, Stony Brook, NY
Dr. Scott B Berman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stony Brook, NY.