Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott L Baron has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Scott L Baron has the following 15 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery
- Herniated Disc
Dr. Scott L Baron has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 23
Put a knee in me that is too big! My knee was -20 in flexion right out of surgery. In addition, my one leg is alot longer than the other. He really did not want to hear that, but did finally at least give me a wedge for my shoe. He will not be doing my revision. He came highly recommended but would have just appreciated him being honest with me, but I guess that would be admitting he messed up.
Dr. Barron preformed surgery. Surgery was unsuccessful. On later follow up visits I informed the doctor that I was still experiencing pain. He said it would improve and then said he's releasing me to return to work. It appeared to me that he really didn't care about me. I now have a neurosurgeon who tells me I'll need another surgery to correct the problem. Of course I'm not happy at all!
Though I waited 15-20 minutes for appointment, office staff was courteous, happy and comforting. Exam was thorough. Doctor was relaxed, knowledgeable, happy to share information and answer questions, and acted as though he had all the time in the world to explain answers to me. He stated he was trained in anterior approach but does not endorse or do. At this point, when I am ready, he will probably be my choice.
I was given Dr Barons name from a friend and couldn't be happier. He is very Dow to earth Dr. He tells you like it is and doesn't have to use doctor lingo to talk. I would highly recommend him to anyone. I'm 32 and have a knee that needs replaced but I'm to young, he's helped tremendously in the 2 years I've been seeing him
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
41 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Abington Memorial Hospital
Dr. Scott L Baron accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott L Baron in this video.
Dr. Scott L Baron is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Belle Vernon, PA.