Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott A Bissell has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Scott A Bissell has the following 17 expertise
- Hip Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Injuries
- Joint Replacement
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Dr. Scott A Bissell is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I injured myself at work four months ago. I finally had an MRI done, got the report, and was referred to Dr. Bissell. If you are a workman's comp case, do NOT see him. I have exhibited symptoms of herniated discs since the beginning. The MRI report stated I had 2 herniated discs and a disc protrusion, and he said there was NOTHING WRONG with my c-spine. I've been taking Soma and Vicodin because I have spasms, get migraines, and am in a lot of pain most days. He took me off BOTH. In his words "Muscle relaxers don't work" and he doesn't prescribe narcotics for "these sorts of things". He also recommended I have a kidney function test because I was taking medication regularly on a regular basis-and he should have said LIVER. He is an idiot, he's not friendly, and is another workman's comp sucker. Needless to say I am getting a second opinion with a doctor that I trust.
Very patient and caring doctor.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
19 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Scott A Bissell accepts the following insurance providers.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott A Bissell in this video.
Dr. Scott A Bissell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MA.