The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott D Burgess has the following 2 specialties
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
Dr. Scott D Burgess has the following 5 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Dupuytren's Contracture
Dr. Scott D Burgess has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
I went to Dr. Burgess from recommendation of shop doctor at the G.M. Lansing Grand River Plant. 1st mistake was to do that. I went to see Dr. Burgess for conciliation 2nd mistake. He was just short of being RUDE. I never seen him prior to the surgery but he did come in to see me for all of 30 seconds after the surgery. I went back to see him for follow up appointment after surgery and only seen his nurse he never came in to check out his work. I explained to her I had a lot of pain still and she ask if I needed more pain meds and it should get better in time. I explained to her I had my right thumb done 6 months prior and didn't have near the pain ( different doctor). Well like her boss she just took defense and got RUDE. To end this let me say one thing FINDED A DIFFERENT HAND SURGEON !!!!
Dr Burgess has a great bedside manner (uncommon for most surgeons). He explains things well and vey accurately. I brought a friend with me today for a "second set of ears" and he completely welcomed her in and was happy to answer questions she asked. I have not had surgery performed by dr. Burgess yet so I can't comment on that- but when the time comes he's the one I plan to use. He is always very courteous and never makes me feel rushed. I feel like he cares about my pain and want to help me
Dr. Burgess is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Scott D Burgess accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Spectrum Health
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Associates of Michigan, 1111 Leffingwell Ave NE Ste 100, Grand Rapids, MI
Dr. Scott D Burgess is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.