Dr. Scott C Montgomery Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Scott C Montgomery?

He did a good job on both my shoulders!!

I have my life back!!!

I saw Dr. Montgomery a few weeks ago for shoulder pain after starting a new exercise regimen. I was having trouble lifting my arm above my head and even picking up my 2 year old. After a thorough exam, he diagnosed me with shoulder impingement. He gave me an injection in my shoulder and it was remarkably painless (and I do not like needles!). I am now able to return to barre exercise and play with my kids. Thanks Dr. Montgomery for giving me my life back!!!

He destroyed my knee

Before Dr Montgomery performed surgery on my knee my knee was at 90 about percent. That was over two years ago. After a LOT of rehabilitation and another surgery by another doctor and another medical institution my knee is now at 30 to 40 percent. By the way with Ochsner when you complain too much to your doctor "Dr Mongomery" about the surgery making your knee worse they write you a letter telling you that you are no longer wanted or allowed to use Ochsner ever again. Yes this really happened. After Dr Montgomery told me that if I don't stop causing trouble he will no longer be able to treat me. Are you sure you want this place and this guy to operate on your knee?

A resident physician in training typically sees a patient first in this practice. Dr. Montgomery is a very nice person and other people I know who see him like him a lot. Sometimes, however, he says he will examine you and then does not do so fully (e.g.., my doctor said that Dr. Montgomery's report said that he had looked at my surgical site at the last visits I had with him and the site was fine, but in actuality Dr. Montgomery had not looked at the site [& I had problems that he seemed to ignore or did not think were important]). He needs to consider more about the total patient and not just the orthopedic issues if it is possible that the other issues could affect the orthopedic problems.

Wonderful doctor

I can't say enough about Dr Montgomery. He takes the time to answer any questions and explain things with compassion and knowledge. Whether you have been his patient for years or it's your first time meeting him, he makes you feel at ease with his laid-back personality. Don't get me wrong, he is very professional, but not in a stuffy way. He care is second to none. Not only have I been a patient, but I have referred so many friends and family to him that I have lost count (and everyone that I have sent to him says nothing but wonderful things about him). As far as what someone else said about if you're not a Hornet or Saints player then they treat you poorly is just malicious and false. Yes, I have had to wait on occasion because a professional athlete came in, but that doesn't happen everyday. ANd when it does, the staff keeps the patients in the lobby updated about how long the wait will be. Dr Montgomery has even had me come in during lunch because he needed to see me. How many doctors/surgeons will work through their lunch? On the rare occasion that something has come up and he needed to cancel appointments, I have been either seen the very next clinic day, or have come in on a Friday, a day he reserves for paperwork. While Dr Montgomery is a great doctor, he is not perfect, no one is, but I can't imagine a better caregiver for orthopedic injuries.

WARNING

If you do not play ball for the Saints or the Hornets, be prepared to be treated like a peasant. That goes for 99% of all staff encountered at Ochsner before, and after my depressingly awful surgical experience. Please, i beg of you as a human who actually cares about other humans, consider your other options! Good luck & God bless!

Great surgeon. Great bedside manner.

Dr. Scott C Montgomery is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.