Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Scott L Carrington
Dr. Scott L Carrington, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Lafayette, IN. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Carrington is affiliated with Unitypoint Methodist Medical Center and Advocate BroMenn Medical Center. Dr. Carrington has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Scott L Carrington has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Heart Failure
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
- Heart Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I love this guy. Definitely the best and most accessible Doctor I have had in years. He never makes you feel like he is rushed, and he is very kind and takes time to listen. I have referred a ton of people to him and they all love him too. I just wish he would cover the hospital rather than use the hospitalist service.
The best thing he does is treat you like a partner in your health. I don't like being talked down to or treated like I shouldn't help make informed decisions about my care. I have never felt that way with him. Great Doctor. Wait times SUUUUCK there though...bring something to do. Staff upfront and on the phone is either adequate or crabby, never exceptional, but worth the wait and the so-so service up front to see Dr. Carrington.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2016, 2013, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2010, 2012, 2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Dr. Carrington is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
University Of Illinois
Dr. Scott L Carrington accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFranciscan Physicians, 915 Sagamore Pkwy W, West Lafayette, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott L Carrington in this video.
Dr. Scott L Carrington is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Lafayette, IN.