Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott A Cherne has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Corneal Diseases
- Eye Exam
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Macular Degeneration
- Laser Medicine & Surgery
- Lasik Surgery
- Eye Pain
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Vision Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
From my very first visit the service and care exceeded any expectations I may have had. Professional, explained every step before, during and after all procedures. Each staff member was well educated made sure I understood and answered any questions clearly in a language I understood. Always on time, friendly, reassuring. Five stars!
I was especially pleased and intrigued with Dr. Cherne's suggestion to include non-prescription nutritional supplements to assist my vision recovery. His advice was invaluable and it worked!
33 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Scott A Cherne accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPacific Clear Vision Institute, 1125 Darlene Ln Ste 100, Eugene, OR
Dr. Scott A Cherne is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Eugene, OR.