Dr. Scott Corkins Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Scott Corkins?

An A+ Primary Care Physician!

Posted on July 3rd, 2017

Before Dr. Corkins, I had some mixed experiences with numerous pcp's as an adult. Some good, some not so good, some in the middle. My first two pcp's were partners in the same practice. I switched from one to the other because I liked the other whenever he covered for the first. My dad switched to him too. Went there for about 10 yrs. Thought he was terrific, until that same pcp failed to diagnose my dad w/ cancer for over a yr and a half. To which when he was correctly diagnosed after getting a 3rd opinion outside of those he was getting from our pcp and then his partner, he ended up passing away a yr & few months later. Not saying he wouldn't have died anyhow, but you'd like to think that year plus of going un-diagnosed might have given my dad a better chance to live longer at the very least, if not be cured altogether. So I moved on of course, then I relocated residences quite a bit too over the next 8 yrs, thus changed pcp's quite a bit too. Eventually I was able to settle for 5 yrs or so and saw a pcp from another of the South Shore Medical Ctr's locations during that time. That pcp was good. I liked him a lot but then I had to move 75 miles away due to a family emergency. When I moved back appx 2 yrs later, closer to my former location, naturally I tried to get that pcp again. But I was told he was no longer taking on new patients and I was considered new because I had been away for so long. Whether that was true or not, it was the best thing to ever happen to me medically speaking because it brought me to Dr Corkins. Choosing Dr. Corkins was the BEST DECISION I EVER MADE regarding my health! Also, his SSMC location is a lot closer to my new home, then that other location would have been. But he's 5 times the doctor that other gentleman was in my opinion. Best thing to happen to me as far as my health was concerned, no doubt. Been seeing Dr Corkins now for 6/7 yrs at least. I never want another doctor again. Sounds morbid but one, I hope he outlives me and two, hope he doesn't retire until after I pass away some day because I want him as my doctor for the rest of my life. He's that good in my opinion. He truly cares and it's not fake. He's as busy as any highly regarded quality pcp is these days but when you're with him, it's as if you're his only patient and nothing else matters other then you, your health and/or anything else that you have concerns over. He's genuine. A true professional w/ a personal touch. Has a solid personality, terrific memory and friendly demeaner. He's frank when he needs to be but warm all the time. His caring attitude is a blessing from pcp's that lack empathy and seemingly only care about their wallets. Dr Corkins is anything but that. He's a good listener, patient, thorough, empathetic, knowledgeable. Just a terrific doctor. Clearly you see how much I value his care as my pcp. I am lucky to have him as my pcp. Anyone would be lucky to have him as their pcp. South Shore Medical Center and it's community is lucky to have him.

Posted on April 20th, 2011

Dr. Corkins is the second doctor I have had that really listens to his patient. I have had a few doctors in my life ( I am 43 yrs old). Only him and one other doctor I had as a primary, made me feel that he really listened to what I was saying and asking. I highly recommend Dr. Corkins, keep up the great work.

Posted on December 12th, 2017