Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Scott W Ecklund
Dr. Scott W Ecklund, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sioux Falls, SD. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Adult Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Ecklund is affiliated with Sanford USD Medical Center. Dr. Ecklund has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Scott W Ecklund has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Medicine
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Ecklund has been our family physician for almost 30 years! He is very caring, thorough and compassionate and always goes the extra mile to spend time with you during the appointment to make sure all of your concerns are addressed. Always has a smile on his face and, even though he has many patients, he always remembers family details and my name! His nurse, Dee, is awesome!
Dr Ecklund cares for the whole person and is willing to go the extra mile to make sure that that every thing is checked out. He has been our family physician for 20 years and has tken wonderful care of our children when they were young and now our grandchildren. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2011, 2014, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Ecklund is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Sanford School Of Medicine The University Of South Dakota
Graduated in 1983
Sioux Falls Family Practice Residency
Dr. Scott W Ecklund accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BlueConnect
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsSanford Clinic Family Medicine 4th And Sycamore, 600 N Sycamore Ave, Sioux Falls, SD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott W Ecklund in this video.
Dr. Scott W Ecklund is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Sioux Falls, SD.