Dr. Scott J Ellis Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Scott J Ellis?

Chose HIM to do surgery I've been putting off for 10 years

While the first appointment he had for my initial visit was 5 months it was well worth the wait. I found him to be clear in his diagnosis and remedy. Knowing how long the recovery would be and that I wasn't terribly enthusiastic about doing it, he suggested I try some different things to delay it as much as possible. I've been living with osteoarthritis of the metatarsal for over 10 years. I did cortisone injections guided by sonogram twice ( somewhat helpful) but trust him enough to do the surgery in the fall. He already warned me there was a 4 month wait. The good news is after the initial appointment, its pretty easy for follow up.

Dr. Ellis is an exceptional doctor! I visited a number of highly skilled doctors over the years to find the best one for my issues and Dr. Ellis was "the one". He is knowledgeable, caring and skilled. I have been his patient on and off for 5 years. He spends a lot of time with his patients and at times, this can mean he runs behind schedule a bit but I chose to believe that one day, I may be that patient that needed a little extra attention that day! HSS is highly ranked and very specialized hospital which is why I will travel 4 hours one way to see him. There are many skilled doctors here in my home tome but Dr. Ellis has been the best doctor for me and my foot and ankle issues. Once you get to see him, and granted it can take some time to get the initial appointment, I have found that he remains accessible and willing to take the time to explain any issue. I highly recommend Dr. Ellis and his first assist Dr. Costigliola and the rest of his staff. One thing you can expect... This Foot and Ankle group is a busy place...If you can accept this then I think you will be well served. I personally think that busy is a good sign, and reiterate that I so appreciate the guidance and time he always gives me when I see him. Last point, Dr. Ellis is simply a kind and gentle person.

The best!!!

Dr Ellis truly listens and educated me on my toe issue. He is gentle, considerate, and an outstanding physician. A true healer. I am so glad I found him for my Ortho issues. He has also helped me in the past for ankle issues too. His staff including Justin and Bridgette are awesome too.

I had an emergency and was able to go in and see Dr. Ellis. I needed to have tendon surgery and the overall experience has been great. The HSS staff has been courteous and helpful. Dr. Ellis has put my at ease about my surgery and during my rehabilitation. I would recommend him and HSS in the future.

Absolutely fabulous, Dr. Ellis and his staff. I'll have my surgery in January, and the way they have kept in touch is amazing.

I've seen Doctor Ellis a few times, in hopes of getting help for an ongoing pain for ankle fracture a few years ago. The response I've been given is to go to another doctor because of how weird the fact I have pain and I shouldn't. When I asked for something to relieve the pain, one of the office assistance said ,"He won't prescribe narcotics. But, I'll ask." During the call not once did I ask for narcotics and in his voice I could hear it was him trying not say anything but, thinking I'm a drug seeker. And quite frankly I'd rather be healed and not be on any medication at all. Dr. Ellis is a good doctor however, the high hopes that I had by going to the Hospital of Special Surgery(Ranked #1 in orthopedics by US News) to finally end my pain, have been let down.

Doctor's Response

Dear Patient, I take great pride in doing everything I can to help my patients and certainly would spend significant time and effort, including ordering appropriate tests, to help diagnose the cause of your pain. I would be happy to see you back in the office at any point to discuss your case further. Thank you very much for your feedback.

Don't bother making an appointment with this MD

cancelled an appointment and made me wait an additional 2 weeks. Waited over 90 minutes to see him. Told me he had to perform surgery and cancelled my appointment at this office. He also did this to several patients/veterans at the Bronx VA.

great doctor, easy to talk to, concerned with your well being, half of his staff is super A-OK the other can be a little more friendly/compassionate