Dr. Scott Elrod Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Scott Elrod?

Borderline dangerous

Posted on November 19th, 2017

I was a newly adimitted inpatient at Providence when I saw Dr. Elrod, dealing with severe depression and PTSD and feeling very vulnerable. He literally offered me an ultimatum. Either I needed deal with my weakness, as he called it, as an outpatient, or he'd commit me to the state hospital. Told me to think about that and he'd make his decision the next morning. That was the extent of his interaction with me. Based on why I was there, simply seeking help, his behavior made no sense. It was intimidating and frightening to say the least. I essentially had to apologize the next morning for seeking a voluntary admission to Providence. Based on that one-time experience with Dr. Elrod...I'd say his behavior was appalling.

Elrod is dangerous

Posted on March 8th, 2016

I had a session with this man almost 20 years ago when I was in a time of need. Rather than really looking into what was really going on with me he just insisted that I take a medication without any explanation of possible negative side effects. I have suffered for the last 18-19 years from the negative effects of this drug and have worked with several other doctors to try and get off it. It is extremely difficult to quit taking once started. I've managed to cut down to 1/3 of the dosage he prescribed but thats it. The drug's side effects Have caused a major disruption in my life for many years. I wish I had never met this so called doctor. He's a fraud. Be wise and stay away. Even one star is too much.

think twice

Posted on July 27th, 2014

Anyone who uses threats and intimidation as "therapeutic" tools should think twice about being in this line of work. This was exactly my experience with this doctor. Will never see him again and would advise others in a vulnerable state of mind to avoid him.

Don't waste your time

Posted on December 30th, 2013

From my brief experience with him, he is not a doctor who instills trust at all. He was brusque, rigid, borderline contemptuous and didn't seem interested in offering assistance. Kind of a burnout.

My Therpist said Dr. Elrod is the best in Missoula

Posted on August 17th, 2012

She was right! He is no nonsense and kept me on track during my appointment. The doc is intelligent and curious. Perhaps not the most caring, but that is the role of my therapist.

Posted on April 26th, 2012

The Best Doctor There is!!! Might know it all, but Knows a very lot!! Helped me when no one else could.

Posted on October 23rd, 2010

Dealt with Dr. Elrod when a family member was dealing with severe depression. I was very surprised and dismayed when he berated her for being "weak" because she felt like harming herself. He also prescribed a certain medication, even though he'd been informed by both of us she'd previously had a severe reaction to it. Not impressed at all.

Posted on May 21st, 2009

Tends to jump to conclusions, doesn't always listen very well. Overall, he is a bit of a "know it all", not open to second opinions.

Posted on April 22nd, 2016