Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Scott A Falk
Dr. Scott A Falk, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with another office in Philadelphia, PA. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Falk is affiliated with Aria Health-Torresdale Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Scott A Falk has 2 locations
3400 Spruce St
Philadelphia, PA 19104
3400 Spruce St Ste 680
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Book Online Now
Dr. Scott A Falk has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Dr. Scott A Falk has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Falk is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Scott A Falk Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Scott A Falk's office for more information.
3400 Spruce St Philadelphia, PA : (215) 662-4000
3400 Spruce St Ste 680 Philadelphia, PA 19104
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott A Falk, MD - Anesthesiology in Philadelphia, PA, in this video.
Dr. Scott A Falk is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.