Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Scott Ferer
Dr. Scott Ferer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newport Beach, CA, with other offices in Franklin, TN and Costa Mesa, CA . He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology. Dr. Ferer is affiliated with Los Alamitos Medical Center, Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian and Lakewood Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Scott Ferer has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I was seeing Dr. Ferer about 7 years ago for leg pain and to confirm a diagnosis of Neuropathy. He never performed any tests and after several visits he told me he thought it was depression. Now, 12 years after the onset of pain and other symptoms, I have found out that I have Polymyositis. My mother died of this a few weeks ago and thanks to a Neurologist in Nevada, I finally have a diagnosis.
I was referred to Dr. Ferer 4 years ago by my orthopedic surgeon for confirmation that I had carpal tunnel syndrome. I went back to him a year or so later with neck/back pain, and numbness/tingling in my lower arm/hand. After office tests, and an MRI, meds cured the problem. It has re-occurred, and even though he has moved to Costa Mesa, and no longer is in my insurance Network, I went back to him because I like and trust him. After the same tests/MRI it is evident the situation has progressed, and the meds didn't work this time. I'm in the middle of cervical injections, and we'll see if they work. If not, I'm confident we'll find something that does. I would highly recommend Dr. Ferer.
Dr Ferer helped our family. We really appreciated his assistance. I have a friend also with seizures that he has helped. He used to be around Greater Newport Physicians HMO but he broke away from them. That GNP group was denying care to our family and others. I'm glad he is away from them now.He's a good doctor. You can trust his statements because he doesn't work for an invisible HMO manager like some of the other doctors around Newport Beach
Dr. Ferer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Los Alamitos Medical Center
Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
Lakewood Regional Medical Center
22 Years Experience
University of Kansas
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Scott Ferer accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott Ferer in this video.
Dr. Scott Ferer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.