Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Scott A Gaitan has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Scott A Gaitan has the following 6 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
Showing 1 of 1
Dr Gaitan is great!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Scott A Gaitan - Posted on March 8th, 2017
We could not be happier with the care we receive from Dr. Gaitan. He takes time to listen and offers advice without judging your choices as a parent. Our son had a pretty scary health issue last year, and Dr. Gaitan was there for us every step of the way. He called me at 7am when I asked via email to speak with him before his office hours, he followed up with us regarding the care we were receiving after he referred us to a specialist at CHOC, etc. He is great with my son - who will be two soon, so is not really a fan of any doctor -- but he always works with him and we are in and out of there for well checks without much toddler drama.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Gaitan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Dr. Scott A Gaitan Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Scott A Gaitan's office for more information.
23521 Paseo De Valencia Ste 200 Laguna Hills, CA : (949) 951-5437
More about Dr. Scott A Gaitan
Dr. Gaitan completed Medical School at UCLA School of Medicine. He did his Internship and Residency at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. The doctor is Board Certified in Pediatrics and is affiliated with the American Academy of Pediatrics. Dr. Gaitan also speaks Spanish. Dr. Gaitan truly believes that caring for children is a team effort with the whole family. He strives to achieve an excellent foundation of physical and emotional growth in his patients by encouraging parental involvement and parental education.
Locations & DirectionsSEA VIEW PEDIATRICS, 23521 Paseo De Valencia Ste 200, Laguna Hills, CA
Dr. Scott A Gaitan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Laguna Hills, CA.