Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott T Gherini has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Scott T Gherini has the following 16 expertise
- Knee Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Disorders
- Sports Medicine
- Herniated Disc
Dr. Scott T Gherini has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Scott T Gherini is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I have been suffering with a bid hip for years. The other Dr. I began with got me on a great program to loose weight before having surgery. after loosing 60lbs and doing pool aerobics and physical therapy, the weight loss stopped. I went back to that doctor in more pain than the year before ready for the surgery. I was told I needed to loose another 40lbs. It wasn't happening. I was doing the pool 6 hours a week, sticking to the vegetarian food plan...I could not do more exercise, I can barely walk. They had no sympathy. It took me a while to seek a 2nd opinion for fear that I would get the same cold hard answer. I had heard wonderful things about Dr. G. I went to his office. I had heard he was a bit of an odd duck but that was perfect for my as I am a Three Stooges fan. I could not have been happier. We looked at my X-Rays together, he explained things no one else bothered to. My weight was not the cause of my problem as my other hip was fine !!! He actually touched the area where the surgery would be performed, The other Dr. never touched my body, and said he saw no problem doing it. Wow ! What a difference. When I left the other Dr.'s office, I cried all the way home and went and got a 1/2 gallon of ice cream. When I left Dr. G's office I shopped for healthy food and ordered a nutria bullet. I have to loose weight yes but the ability to walk will help me do that. I am very thankful for this man. I am looking forward to my next visit and getting this taken care of after being in pain for years.
This Dr. was a little weird. He seems aloof and talking with him is quite frustrating. He argues with his staff in front of patients he is not easy to talk to. Then they didn't tell me when I first called for an apt. that he only operates in some hospital in Ukiah which is hours from Sacramento. He may be a good surgeon, I don't really know cuz I didn't stay past the 1st visit, I simply wasted my time. I can't recommend this Dr to anyone.
I had an appointment with Dr Gherini and while I was having my x-rays, my husband arrived at the office. He was not greeted bt the staff and after asking if I was there, instead of answering, Dr Gherini made several rude personel comments about my husbands shape and the shirt he was wearing to the other ladies in the office.My husband is a little large around the middle,does this give the Doctor the right to ridicule him, embarres him? I find this sort of behavour un-profesional and disgracefull. I would never recomend this doctor to anyone who may not come up to his standard of shape and dress!
36 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Moffitt Hospital University Of Ca
Dr. Scott T Gherini accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Scott T Gherini is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ukiah, CA.