The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Scott R Granter
Dr. Scott R Granter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Cytopathology, Dermatopathology, Anatomic Pathology and Pathology. Dr. Granter is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital, Metrowest Medical Center - Framingham Union Hospital and Nsmc Salem Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Scott R Granter has the following 4 specialties
Similar to what pathologists do, cytopathologists analyze specimens in a lab to help your doctor diagnose your condition. However, cytopathologists primarily analyze cells from tissues, tumors and lesions in order to detect disease, whereas pathologists primarily focus on bodily fluid samples.
The most common example of this is pap smears, which cytopathologists use to detect and study the precursors to cervical cancer in women. Additionally, they help oncologists detect blood cancers and blood disorders. You can think of all pathologists as a type of lab consultant for doctors. You consult with your doctor and then he or she often consults with a pathologist who uses lab testing to confirm what they suspect your condition might be.
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
- Anatomic Pathology
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
Dr. Scott R Granter has the following 17 expertise
- Thyroid Gland Tumor (Oxyphilic Adenoma)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Skin Diseases
- Thyroid Cancer (Papillary Carcinoma)
- Uterine Cancer (Uterine Cervical Neoplasm)
- Blood Testing
- Carcinoma in Situ
- Fluid Testing
- Sweat Gland Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Kidney Cancer
- Vulvar Cancer
- Tissue Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
- Adenoma (Warthin's tumor)
Dr. Scott R Granter has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Scott R Granter is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Granter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Scott R Granter accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBrigham And Womens Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA
Dr. Scott R Granter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.