Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott M Haufe has the following 3 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 75
I've only been seeing Dr. Haufe for a little over a month and he has done more for me in that time than other physicians have over the past 10 years! He really wants you to get better, not perform useless procedures that will only waste your time and money! I drive 4 hours round-trip and he is worth every single mile! For the first time in years, I'm optimistic about my future and only wish that I had met him years ago, because I probably would not be in the shape that I'm in. I am getting an IDDS (pain pump) this week and I am beyond excited and my future looks promising! If you want to get better and really do something about your chronic pain, he is the man to see! If you are a drug seeker, don't waste his time and really mine. If you are taking up his time just for medications and not to see improvement, than he can't see me! Now, if I could only get him to smile and laugh a little more....:-)
My experience with Dr. Haufe and his staff from day one has been nothing but refreshing and professional! Dr. Haufe is a great listener and his experience in his field is vast, often times thinking outside of the box with medication suggestions and procedures to ensure his patients have the best quality of life possible. Thank you everyone!
Like he said to me today. Not pain management but pain resolution
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
26 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Dr. Scott M Haufe accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEmerald Coast Pain Services, 3997 Commons Dr W Ste M, Destin, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott M Haufe in this video.
Dr. Scott M Haufe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Destin, FL.