Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott A Haydel has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Scott A Haydel has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Scott A Haydel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. Scott is a great Dr. He has taken care of my family through there life, if he would only straighten up his staff and the window, they are the most rude and non caring people I have to tolerate. The wait is a big problem, it would be tolerable if you got treated with a little respect at the window, maybe just a smile, but in my 20 years of having to come here, that has never happen. I have mentioned this to Dr. Scott but I guess he is numb to the fact, I'm sure I'm not the only with this complaint. He has probably herd this from all his patients. I tell you if they would only fix this problem. It would be a great place to go. But I dread having to come here.
Dr. Scott is an incredible doctor and person. As stated in another review, he is your friend who also happens to be your doctor. He is extremely personable and shows great interest in both your life and your health. It's not unheard of to wait up to 3 hours to see him but his compassionate care is worth the wait. Best doctor ever.
We love Dr. Scott. He is very personable and caring. I have had a lot of health issues this year and have spent a lot of time in his office. He never seems to be in a hurry and is listening when you talk with him. He is the best doctor I have ever used. However his office staff could use some re-training. And you do have to wait to see him, but that is only because he gives every patient his total attention instead of rushing them out the door... The wait is well worth it since he is such a valuable doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
23 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1995
University Medical Center
Dr. Scott A Haydel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHaydel Surgical Clinic, 502 Barrow St, Houma, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott A Haydel in this video.
Dr. Scott A Haydel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houma, LA.