Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott W Helmers has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Scott W Helmers has the following 14 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
Dr. Scott W Helmers has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Scott W Helmers is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
DR. HELMERS WAS PATIENT AND LISTENED TO ALL MY CONCERNS HE WORKED WITH ME ON A GOOD PLAN. HE WAS WILLING TO BE FLEXIBLE WHICH MADE ME FEEL THAT WE WERE TOGETHER ON THE DECISIONS. HE VALIDATED MY FEELINGS THEN GAVE ME SOUND ADVICE. NOW I CAN LET HIM TAKE THE WHEEL WHILE I AM ASLEEP ON THE TABLE. FEELING PEACEFUL. :)
28 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences F Edward Hebert School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
United States Naval Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center/Kaiser Foundation, 4647 Zion Ave, San Diego, CA
Dr. Scott W Helmers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.