Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Scott Holtz
Dr. Scott Holtz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, MN. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Holtz is affiliated with Ridgeview Medical Center, St John's Hospital and Mayo Clinic Hospital - Rochester (Saint Mary's). He speaks English.
Dr. Scott Holtz has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Scott Holtz has the following 8 expertise
- Family Planning
- Sports Medicine
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Scott Holtz has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Scott Holtz is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 4 of 4
I am 52 years old, and have traveled around a lot. I have also spent 12 years in the military, including over seas. So basically speaking, I have seen quite a few doctors in that time. He is by far the best doctor I have ever had. Hard for me to put into words, so please bare with me. I feel that he respects me, and that he does not pass judgement on me. He genuinely cares about being able to assist me with my problem/s. Like being able to tell the difference between seeing a child's face of joy or surprise on Christmas morning. You just 'feel' that he cares. He ALWAYS had a smile on his face when he greeted me, and kept that smile the entire time we spent together. Like he knew in his heart, that he had chosen the right profession. But do keep in mind, these are my words, and my opinions. Not ever doctor is going to be the right doctor for everyone. But as a General Practice / Family Medicine type doctor, he ranks 1st place for me.
Dr. Holtz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mayo Clinic Health System in Cannon Falls
St Joseph's Hospital
Waseca Medical Center-Mayo Health System
Franciscan Skemp Healthcare
Albert Lea Medical Center
Fairview Red Wing Medical Center
Luther Midelfort Oakridge
St Lukes Regional Medical Center
20 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Scott Holtz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAustin Medical Center, 1000 1st Dr NW, Austin, MN
Dr. Scott Holtz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, MN.