Dr. Scott Iwashyna Is this you?

4.7

Have you seen Dr. Scott Iwashyna?

Would definitely recommend

Posted on March 27th, 2014

Dr. Iwashyna is a great doctor. He has seen all three of my children for various reasons and is very thorough as well as kind. He takes my concerns seriously and is very knowledgable in his field. Highly recommend.

Simply great!!

Posted on September 23rd, 2011

we r seeing Dr iwashyna for last 4 years.It has been a great experience.He has given us great practical advice.he takes time to listen and answer our million questions.great at diagnosing and also great in advising on behavior management.

Posted on September 20th, 2011

I feel as if he sometimes gets very irritated by my questions and having to answer them. I am a new mother and I do have a lot. He does not treat you with respect and is very rude and condescending. I feel as if he just says great this family again. I am sorry if my son is sick and I want an MD to look at him. He seems like he is in a rush to get in and out of the room not taking much time to do an assessment of my child. His answer always seems to be give it 4 days and if its still there call me. I want answers when Im in the office and not just call if it doesnt go away. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

Doctor's Response

All I can think to do is apologize. I want parents and especially new moms to feel really comfortable asking me questions and I work hard to make myself available. I clearly haven't been doing a good enough job of that if this is how you feel. I have been very frustrated lately with how few things in pediatrics truly have an "answer" but would never want parents to interpret that as frustration with them. Unfortunately a lot of pediatrics is watching and waiting for "red flags" or signs that a disease is more serious. Again, I apologize if you felt that I was rude or condescending - that is the last thing I would want to be. If there is anything I can do to make this better, please let me know. [Please feel free to call or ask for a time come in at lunch so that I can apologize in person]

Posted on May 29th, 2016