Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott D Karr has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I have been treated by Dr Karr for the past 2 years. I had a previous fracture and hardware removal prior to becoming his patient. I have continued pain in my ankle. He performed a full ankle fusion. After 6 months of recovery without relief he did a scar removal surgery. Considering this has been a continuous issue he never recommended additional tests to get to the bottom of my issues. He relied solely on x-rays. My most recent appointment was a disappointment. After discovering I was receiving an additional opinion his bedside manner was terrible. He then advised me that everything was fine and to receive steroid shots for arthritis and a total ankle replacement if that doesn't help. I am not even 30 years old. I would not recommend him for complex ankle issues. I am now seeing a specialist out of town who was able to determine that alignment is affecting my pain, walking gait, and stiffness. I would advise anyone to always get second opinion before taking the doctors advice as the only option.
I can not say enough good things about Dr. Karr. He took his time explaining my options, different procedures, as well with the recovery involved with each option. He is a very good surgeon, takes his time with his patients, and is extremely respected in his area of work. I had a modified brostrum procedure as well as several other procedures and could not have chosen a more experienced, professional surgeon. I stand on my feet all day in my line of work, I am almost 6 months post opp and almost completely pain free, which is a major accomplishment considering it was not guaranteed. The extent of damage done to my ankle over several years was substantial and major reconstructive surgery was required to stabilize it and prevent future damage. He repaired tendons, ligiments, remove bone, removed part of my synovial membrane, repaired the cartilage in my joint, and more. Again, I could not be happier with my choice and would highly recommend him to anyone in need.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015, 2013, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Karr is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1981
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Scott D Karr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsOrthopaedics Northeast, 5050 N Clinton St Ste 3, Fort Wayne, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott D Karr in this video.
Dr. Scott D Karr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Wayne, IN.