Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott K Kuwada has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Colon Cancer
- Tumor Surpressor Gene (Adenomatous Polyposis Coli, APC)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
This doctor could do much better in making sure at least by the end of the day, he return concerned patients phone calls. When patient continues to have pain and treatments are not working, this doctor does not give the patient good direction to ease your suffering. The staff appears un knowledgeable and could do better in reminding this doctor to follow up on patient concerns and return calls. You could wait days and even weeks without a phone call being returned. He does not appear to take the initiative when making sure worried patients are taken care of when their treatment appear to not be working. He could be more caring and concerned about his patients.
Dr Kuwada is very pleasant and has genuine concern in the office visit. However, he is not fully aware of the facts about Crohn's disease. He stated in an office visit that "Crohn's is only in the lower bowel." If you check WebMD, there is a statement that Crohn's can be anywhere in the digestive system. I had a scoping a week ago and I have not yet heard from him. I was told he would call me about the details of the scoping.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
30 Years Experience
University Of Hawaii John A Burns School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Scott K Kuwada accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HMSA Preferred Provider Comp Med
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCardio Thoracic Associates Of Hi, 550 S Beretania St Ste 400, Honolulu, HI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott K Kuwada in this video.
Dr. Scott K Kuwada is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Honolulu, HI.