Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Scott T Luchsinger
Dr. Scott T Luchsinger, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Knoxville, TN, with another office in Knoxville, TN. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Luchsinger is affiliated with Parkwest Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Scott T Luchsinger has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Scott T Luchsinger has the following 7 expertise
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Dr. Scott T Luchsinger is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Luchsinger was on call at Parkwest Medical Center when I died in the ER. A nurse found me and told me that she ran to find him when my heart stopped after a tube had been put down my throat. She told me that he is the one who took over and saved my life. I was in CCU for about 10 days and in a coma following this lifesaving feat, and Dr. Luchsinger was there every day, keeping my family updated and doing everything he could to help. They told me that I had the worst case of sudden diabetes onset they had ever seen, along with pneumonia, heart failure, kidney failure, dialysis failure, and was not expected to survive, even after the revival miracle in the ER. I was an extremely healthy and active person before this happened to me, and it was a huge shock. Dr. Luchsinger was very modest about his role. He coordinated several other people and many treatments to help me. When I woke up, I learned that there had been about 20 tubes in me and an amazing number of people helping. I can never thank him enough for bringing me back to my son and family. He is a very fine fellow indeed. Our family will always remember him with much love.
Dr. Luchsinger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Scott T Luchsinger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Knoxville PPOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & Directions
Dr. Scott T Luchsinger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.