Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott R Mcpherson has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Good communicating each stage of diagnosis and treatment. Not sure he listens and incorporates patient information into the process. Might be age /experience relying more on his learning of what should be. Courteous to nurses a plus! Needs to give higher priority to patient input and if he does let patient know
Found him abrupt an not helpful at all.He did not feel my mother was important enough to admit until I could get her transported to a better hospital.. he said and I quote" Hey, we're still in summer time mode and are too busy to keep her. We only have one doctor after 10 o'clock"....I was transporting her to VCU in a matter of hours and her would not let her stay in the ER..she was in pain and moving her for the fourth time that day did not seem to matter to the hospital so I had the have patient services bring her home for the SECOND time within 12hours. Guess drunks outweigh the older patients on the Outer Banks.He needs re-examine priorities. With all due respect, of course. Otherwise, the nurses seemed quite concerned and said that it was out of their hands. Dr Carleto is and angel and you need ten more like him,in my opinion.
18 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Scott R Mcpherson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Outer Banks Hospital, 4800 S Croatan Hwy, Nags Head, NC
Dr. Scott R Mcpherson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nags Head, NC.